"Why is it that the media and the government never calls the 'pro-life' groups who plant bombs at women's clinics what they are: terrorists?" (Courtesy asimplelife.)
"There was never a serious debate that I know of within the administration about the imminence of the Iraqi threat." -George Tenet
* "It can be hard to tell whom the Bush administration considers more of an enemy at the Guantanamo Bay detention camp: the prisoners or the lawyers."
* "The Bush administration has proved indefatigable at finding industry foxes to upend the regulatory chicken coops. The result has been an undermining of restraints on everything from strip miners to long-haul truckers and corporate executives intent on consumer-unfriendly mergers."
* Economic growth hits new low.
* How can California keep from losing teachers?
* Kevin Drum on a missed opportunity by Democrats.
* MIT dean of admissions resigns, after 'misrepresenting her academic degrees' - for twenty-eight years. (Courtesy maroonmd.)
* Reasons to avoid Indiana: teacher transferred for the radical opinion of tolerating homosexuals.
* Excellent pic of Stephen Hawking floating weightlessly. (Details here.)
* Famed musician and human rights activist Mstislav Rostropovich passed away.
"In January, South America's largest city officially banned outdoor advertising."
British war comic Commando hits issue 4,000.
Warner Home Video has announced the July 31st release of Babylon 5: The Lost Tales, the first direct-to-video feature film based on the popular science fiction cult hit created by J. Michael Straczynski in 1993.