Great read: David Ignatius on the Oval Office bunker.
Cheney in translation.
* Is the surge backfiring? The BBC offers a report from on the ground.
* UN criticizes Iraqi human rights, using figures provided by the Iraqi government.
* Nope, they don't like Bagdhad Wall either. And Time examines why the wall won't work.
* Abu Aardvark looks at developments inside the insurgency.
* Tom Shales on the media's role in selling the war.
* "A senior Democratic leader, in a speech Wednesday at the Brookings Institution, will tie together a long series of Bush administration scandals, controversies and missteps into what he argues is a campaign to turn the government into an appendage of the Republican Party."
* Problems at OSHA: "Political appointees, often former officials of the industries they now oversee, have eased regulations or weakened enforcement of rules." (Bonus: graphic.)
* More reports of forced abortions in China.
* Bill Maher on politics and elitism.
* As proven by his interview with John McCain last night, Jon Stewart needs to interview all top political figures. Seriously, that's quite a grilling.
* NBC is in pretty bad shape. (Except for Heroes, heh.)
* In Pictures: inside LucasFilm.
bizarrojack, they've made a movie just for you.