Researchers say they have found a way to convert all types of blood to type O, the universal donor. (Courtesy paleollama.)
Disney embraces gay couples.
Checking in with the Zeitgeist Checklist.
* Protecting a library from the ravages of war. (Courtesy mscongeniality, with this.)
* Three charged with conspiracy in the London bombings.
* NPR talks with Matthew Dowd.
* "Who is he, and why is he ranked as the fourth most powerful gay person in the country?"
* Hikers explain how they survived three weeks lost in the jungles of French Guiana.
* Does new evidence exonerate Alger Hiss?
* "The U.S. publisher of the new Harry Potter novel has strict rules for libraries handling the book this summer."
* What if we didn't remake it?
* If MSNBC isn't going to actually punish Don Imus what's the point of issuing an apology?
* Geraldo vs. O'Reilly
Meet the night watchman of Alcatraz.
Ten things we didn't know this time last week.