Lobbying reforms? What lobbying reforms?
CAN'T TRUST THAT DAY:
* "The high and growing demand for U.S. troops there and in Afghanistan has left ground forces in the United States short of the training, personnel and equipment that would be vital to fight a major ground conflict elsewhere."
* Bush again asked for patience in Iraq. Polls show that the Iraqis aren't pleased with their quality of life. (More poll analysis here.)
* Fired U.S. attorney in San Diego happened to have filed search warrants in a Republican bribery scandal. Pure coincidence, I'm sure.
* Dissatisfaction with McCain and the other Republican presidential candidates.
* Most mothers don't have the option of staying home to raise the kids.
* Antitrust law is getting weaker.
* Inside the Mormons' temple garments.
* The Supreme Court vs. "Bong Hits 4 Jesus".
* Why Carol Burnett is suing Family Guy.
If you had a fatal genetic disease, would you want to know ahead of time?
"Beliefs about the uniqueness of human behavior might well be the last bastion of our superiority complex, but research by de Waal and many others suggests that even this redoubt may be crumbling."