Checking in with the Zeitgeist Checklist.
* So, the current scandal about the FBI's use of national security letters? Yep, tied directly to one of Bush's signing statements.
* More privatization problems: a familiar name turns up in the Walter Reed investigation: Halliburton.
* The head of the NSA wants changes.
* Fact-checking Bush's claims about Latin America.
* Using prison inmates instead of migrant workers?
* A looming mortgage crisis.
* Examining an earlier daylight savings time. (Bonus: timeline!)
* Will Britain change the House of Lords?
"For months, a minor mystery has beguiled the hipsters of this city: Who is splashing paint on New York's highest-profile graffiti?"
Ten things we did not know this time last week.